REGIONAL CLIMATE MODELLING WORKSHOP:
of February, 2008, 1 pm - 6th
of February, 2008, 1 pm
Location: Budapest (Hungary), Hungarian Meteorological Service
- Introduction: CECILIA and CLAVIER regional climate modelling aspects
- Validation of regional climate models
- Summer drying problem of RCMs
- Simulation and assessment of extreme events
- Climate scenarios for the future
After the introductory talks of the two (CECILIA and CLAVIER) project coordinators the four sessions would be organised. These
sessions would be introduced by a keynote speaker (longer presentation) and some other shorter presentations would be followed.
Sufficient time is planned to be devoted to discussions and drawing conclusions, recommendations.
Initial proposal for keynote speakers:
- Validation: Laurent Li (CLAVIER)
- Summer drying problem: Susanne Pfeifer (CLAVIER)
- Extreme events: Michel Déqué (CECILIA)
- Future scenarios: Filippo Giorgi (CECILIA)
Participants are expected mostly from CLAVIER and CECILIA project partners (CECILIA annual meeting is to be organised 6-8 February
in Budapest, starting in the afternoon of 6th of February). Beside that some important contributors in regional climate modelling
should be invited (for instance from ENSEMBLES project).
Inputs needed at that stage:
- Do you have any other idea for session topics?
- Do the keynote speakers accept our initial proposal?
- Do you have a proposal for presentation?
- Any other, proposal, idea?
András Horányi (),
Gabriella Szépszó (), Hungarian Meteorological Service.
We are looking forward to welcome you soon in Budapest.